My Nvidia XFX 8600 GT 256mb is causing problems.

survive_the_end

Beta member
Yesterday, I turned my computer and my monitor said there was no DVI input signal. So i changed DVI slots on the back of my video card. No help. I checked every cable, swtiched cables and still nothing. I went to the last resort, and switched to using graphics chip integrated on my motherboard.
So today, I went to the store and they found that my video card is defective. So i exchanged it for a new one, which worked on their computers at the store.
I went home, properly placed the video card in the correct place and I got the same message saying the DVI input signal could not be found. So I decided to switch back, yet again, back to my motherboard's integrated chip, then it said you could not find the VGA input signal. Now both things don't work.

Please,a little help?

That happened to me about a week ago when i remade my pc. i have the Exact same video card as you except it is by Pny. Anyway, i had to download the latest drivers from Nvidia.com and it worked.

Download them before you put the card in

And are you plugging the monitor into the video card?

That happened to me about a week ago when i remade my pc. i have the Exact same video card as you except it is by Pny. Anyway, i had to download the latest drivers from Nvidia.com and it worked.

Download them before you put the card in

And are you plugging the monitor into the video card?

I did at first, but it didn't work.So I switched to my default integrated chipset, which didnt work as well.
Also, I updated my drivers (On October 20th actually) before I encountered problems with my video card 2 days ago, do I still have to update?

Make sure to either uninstall or disable your onboard video in Device Manager. Having both the onboard and the 8600GT up and running may be causing a conflict.

^+1^

that was a big problem with me on my old e machines. You can't have Windows extreme graphics accelerator paired with the drivers for an ancient FX card.

WELL. This day just keeps getting better and better!
Now my computer has seemingly crashed. I try to run it safe mode, but it just freezes before it can fully load!
What a fantastic day.
:mad:

Back
Top Bottom