No sound after reformat?

ROB-pc

Beta member
Being the helpfull fellow i am i formated a mates computer for her as it wouldnt boot to windows. all was fine and dandy installed drivers that windows would but it cant find drivers for a "pci device" or "sm bus controller" but as it looked like it was working i left it and started testing stuff but when trying to play audi it complains that there is no hardware installed.
the computer is a dell 5150 (i think) with onboard audio from a dell connolly e187242 motherboard.
anyone got any ideas? i have tried dells website for audio drivers but they dont work.

Being the helpfull fellow i am i formated a mates computer for her as it wouldnt boot to windows. all was fine and dandy installed drivers that windows would but it cant find drivers for a "pci device" or "sm bus controller" but as it looked like it was working i left it and started testing stuff but when trying to play audi it complains that there is no hardware installed.
the computer is a dell 5150 (i think) with onboard audio from a dell connolly e187242 motherboard.
anyone got any ideas? i have tried dells website for audio drivers but they dont work.
Do all the windows updates first, then retry the audio drivers.

I had to do that with mine.

This a Dell Inspiron 5150? You got a Service Tag #?
Do you see an audio device in Device Manager?

The following c&p is possible solution someone else found in regards to their audio problems with an Inspiron 5150 (kind of long sorry about that- at the very bottom somene with an Inspiron 5150 follows these steps and find success):

Like a lot of people out there, just bought latest HP Laptop Pavillion V9000! Awesome laptop but Vista was terrible! Downloaded all the Drivers but sound could not be fixed! I was getting the same error as everyone else!

I looked for 4 weeks with no luck! I was about to go back to Vsita

Then a mate tells me to do the following in this order and SOUND NOW WORKS!!! Im rapt!

1. Download and install kb888111.exe file from
http://geekswithblogs.net/lorint/archive/2006/06/11/81540.aspx

2. Download and install
First install Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver
for High Definition Audio

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1842189&os=228&lang=en

3. Now install Conexant High Definition Audio Driver

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1842189&os=228&lang=en

It should then recognise the sound card after the kb888111.exe is installed and the rest should then work!!!

Good Luck and let me know if it works or not!
Cheers Nicko from DownUnder!!

ReplyPermalinkReport offensive postPost 411 of 472Solved Inspiron 5150 problem
by divergps - 12/1/08 4:19 AM In reply to: VISTA TO XP SOUND PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Install kb888111.exe!!! by nickers808

Thanks! I have an Inspiron 5150 with XP...sound stopped working...installed the first two downloads you suggested (the 3rd would not load)....problem solved! Loss of sound seems to be a common problem with the Inspiron series.

Back
Top Bottom