Windows Vista Ultra 32bit vs XP Pro 64 Bit?

man life sucks (lols)

Uhm last question before i buy it.
Is the difference between 32 and 64 simply RAM or is there like a HUGE performance difference? Or is the difference negligible?

(cry) nvm...they're out of xp pro 64 and only have 32 systems.

I think ill go with vista ultimate then and follow the crowd (currently using xp home edition)

Is ultimate really that "ultimate"?

Get XP Pro 32 as well if you can? Or was there only the 64?

Anyway, enjoy your OS!

man life sucks (lols)

Uhm last question before i buy it.
Is the difference between 32 and 64 simply RAM or is there like a HUGE performance difference? Or is the difference negligible?

32 (x64) = standard OS, use up to 4gb of ram, compatible with all software made for the OS.
64 (x84) = use more than 4gb, compatible with slightly less software than the 32 bit, slightly faster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit
Google something like "OS 32 vs 64 bit" for more info if you require it.

No theres Xp and Vista 32
But i don't really see the point in having 2 os systems.

I don't either, but buying both doesn't necessarily mean using both at the same time. Like you can try out Vista, but if you don't like it you can have XP as a back-up. You'll spend under $20 for 2 OS' so it doesn't really matter. I'd buy both if I were you.

Well...seeing how this invaluable resource is just at my disposal anytime, ill think i will save my money and buy vista for now. if i dont like it ill go and buy xp. But ive never not liked one of Microsoft's os system (cept for 2000 god what a failure)

I have Vista Ultimate and I really like it. It is quite a bit demanding, resource wise. But, it does look nice. There are patches to put DirectX 10 on XP. I have the 64 bit edition. The only program I've had trouble getting to work on Vista is Sony Vegas. Everything else is fine. Vista Ultimate is very expensive. You're getting it at a steal. Go for it, you'll like it. You could just stick with XP until 7 comes out. I'm sure that's what a lot of people here are doing. You have everything in the OS. Media Center, better interface, etc. Aero is pretty cool looking. Not very helpful, but cool looking, haha.

Maybe..the guy there said he has a couple copies of vista left. There is 1 that says 32bit and the other disk doesn't say on the label.

If it doesn't say which version...do we assume its 32 or 64?
If it's a retail version (come in a nice box with some goodies), it includes both 32 bit and 64 bit editions.

:(
No. Microsoft won't upgrade me to 64 bit.
O well looks like im stuck with 3 gb of Ram.

I think I'll run dual os. Vista and Ubuntu 64bit. Anybody use Ubuntu and how compatible is it for mainstream apps and games?

Back
Top Bottom