Gallery: Your Workstation

Here's my updated setup. I got a new desk a couple weeks ago, well used, but new to me.

Here's what I had before. Folding table, lol. It was the only thing big enough to fit the 3 LCDs.
HPIM1894.jpg

Here's my current setup. The black/silver system is the main desktop. The other is my server (see it under the desk). The stereo moved to the bookcase. 4 stereo speakers and a 2.1 system. Speakers are on their side because the cord's not long enough for them to stand up without sitting in the way of the monitors...
HPIM2058.jpg

HPIM2059.jpg

HPIM2061.jpg

HPIM2062.jpg

badass man, that new desk is nice, much better than the table. lol. :p
It does look a lot nicer, but it's just a cheapo pressboard desk really. When we moved the desk into my room we didn't think of taking the drawers out :rolleyes: and one came out and broke in several pieces. I just got it glued back together before I shot those pics this morning. Too bad it's kinda too big/heavy to move with me to college this next Fall. I will have to live with the folding table again then just because the desk would take up too much space in the truck during the move. I'm kinda partial to the keyboard tray. It sits a little low for me and it won't go any higher...oh well. Only $20 for the desk isn't bad. I just hate mostly that under the desk is now a lot less accessible. I had to get under there a lot lately because my server was acting up... At least it hides my millions of wires I got back there, lol. It's also a lot cleaner because all my junk can go in the drawers instead of behind the monitors on the desk.

I don't get to listen to my stereo sound much because I like it loud and I can't do that with others in the house. I was alone today so I watched a movie and it was awesome sounding. Almost like surround sound and there's not any speakers behind me.

Ya, my glass desk came with a keyboard tray and i just took it off. It's more comfortable for me to have my keyboard and mouse on the same level..

Ya, my glass desk came with a keyboard tray and i just took it off. It's more comfortable for me to have my keyboard and mouse on the same level..

Same here It feels so weird to have the keyboard lower then the mouse.

I'm ok with the keyboard lower than the mouse, but the tray is a little low for my knees. The only reason I keep it on is because I kinda like the extra desk space that the keyboard doesn't currently occupy. I'll probably eventually get annoyed enough to take it off.

You guys got some cool set ups. But I don't understand how you can use the trays for the keyboard and use more than 2 monitors on the same computer. Doesn't it annoy you when the monitor's edges are in the middle?

But still, awesome set ups guys :)

You guys got some cool set ups. But I don't understand how you can use the trays for the keyboard and use more than 2 monitors on the same computer. Doesn't it annoy you when the monitor's edges are in the middle?

But still, awesome set ups guys :)
With 3 monitors it's not in the middle... I don't like dual monitors, I've done it before and I hate the edges in the middle. But I mainly use the middle screen and open up iTunes or whatever on the right screen and have the left screen for anything else I need more room for. I mainly have a 3 monitor setup for video editing room, timeline on the left and middle monitor, and preview screen on right monitor. It works out well.

With 3 monitors it's not in the middle... I don't like dual monitors, I've done it before and I hate the edges in the middle. But I mainly use the middle screen and open up iTunes or whatever on the right screen and have the left screen for anything else I need more room for. I mainly have a 3 monitor setup for video editing room, timeline on the left and middle monitor, and preview screen on right monitor. It works out well.

Hmm, I guess it's alright with 3 monitors :D
But I still like the 1 monitor, but that's just me :)
It actually looks cool with 3 though, it's smart because the edges aren't in the middle like you said.

Get that Server off the Carpet!!! You are going to ruin it! At least put some cardboard, or something between it and the carpet.

Back
Top Bottom