Computer cases.

If i were to buy this case:
http://www.amazon.com/12-Bay-Comput...ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1230016092&sr=1-6

Would my intel g33 microATX motherboard screw in properly?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121315R
(came with my gateway)

yes, but that included 300w PSU is...

1. probably a cheap/unreliable brand (it's usually best to factor in a decent psu to your build and not rely on a psu comboed with a case)...

2. probably going to be too weak to handle your system for anything other than basic use, web surfing, documents, etc...

just my first impression...

im just going to throw out the PSU, ive got a 650 watt rosewill already.

im just going to throw out the PSU, ive got a 650 watt rosewill already.

I don't know how the airflow would be in that case, it looks to be a pretty generic one, here's a list of a few cases (name brand) that are a little more expensive ($30-$50 w/free shipping) but may be worth it, if I were you I'd take a look at the reviews and see if they might be a better investment...

good luck...

with shipping those options will come out to roughly 3x what he was planning on spending to begin with, I was trying to stay somewhat close to the same price as the original link, I'll assume rohan was as well...

I hope that he's also keeping in mind that whatever accessories he doesn't already have for the motherboard will have to be purchased later, I bought an open box ASUS P5NSLI and had to buy the backplate and Q connector from the ASUS website...

actually, if you live by a Fry's they have a great little case on sale for $30, an Antec P180 mini, or at least they did a few days ago (I think it's a closeout sale because they are discontinuing the case), it's a great little case for a microATX mobo, a $160 case for $30...? you can't beat that...

Mini-P180_q.jpg

Antec_Mini_P180_Open.jpg

yeah i wish i lived by a frys : D too bad i live somewhere kinda rural..but i only have like 37 dollars that im willing to cough up.

with shipping those options will come out to roughly 3x what he was planning on spending to begin with, I was trying to stay somewhat close to the same price as the original link, I'll assume rohan was as well...

I hope that he's also keeping in mind that whatever accessories he doesn't already have for the motherboard will have to be purchased later, I bought an open box ASUS P5NSLI and had to buy the backplate and Q connector from the ASUS website...

actually, if you live by a Fry's they have a great little case on sale for $30, an Antec P180 mini, or at least they did a few days ago (I think it's a closeout sale because they are discontinuing the case), it's a great little case for a microATX mobo, a $160 case for $30...? you can't beat that...

Didn't think about the shipping part. I hope the weather clears up soon though, I wanna drive down to Fry's to see if they have that deal going on.

Back
Top Bottom