A Career in Computer Technology

Arnack

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,
Recently I have been thinking about getting a degree in computer science or something of the sorts.
I never really wanted to be a tech or anything though. I always wanted to get an MBA and become a CEO of a major corporation. I also thought about becoming a doctor. All in all, I wanted a job that pays good.
But, I thought it would be a good idea to get a degree in what a specialize in: computer science.
I'm 16 and I work as a part time computer tech in a local business. I couldn't see myself working like that, in a small town fixing computers for the rest of my life.

That's why I thought it would be a good idea to go to NYC and see what computer-related job I could find.
I guess my ultimate goal is to become the head of the computer technician department of a huge company.
Ultimately, I am asking: how good is the pay in a general computer-tech job?
Ideas? Suggestions?

It depends on what company you work for, the area, and many other factors play into this.

I know many variables should be considered, but could someone please provide a loose estimate? And not only that- does anyone have any experience working as a full time computer tech?

Back
Top Bottom