Graphics card

That could be a problem if your computer is overheating. A nice little program that will tell you the operating temperatures is HWMonitor.

If your case has a spot for a fan, I would suggest installing one.

Watch the CPU temps. They should range from the 30's at idle to the mid/high 40's under load.

If reported, check the video card temps. They may range in the 60's or so.

Here we go. I started running convertxtodvd and these are the readings from the programme starting to it freezing.
CPU went from 56 - 75
ACPI went from 57 -71
MOTHERBOARD 46-54
TMPINO 49-51
TMPINI 60-76
TMPIN2 39-39
It is running now everything is pretty stable. The CPU is ranging from 54-58.
I guess this is the problem then. Would a fan correct this problem.

Yikes! 75 is too high for the CPU. That could cause the freezing. Good airflow through the case would definitely help. You could either mount a fan in the front blowing in or one in the back blowing out if the case has mounting spaces for them. One blowing in at the front, and one at the back exhausting would be ideal.

I have just tried running the CPUID programme alongside cucusoft avitodvd and the temperatures rose immediately, switched it off and it came back down.

The case itself has nearly one full side fully vented and a small vent at the otherside. The actual graphic card is attached to the inside of one of the vents . Is it easy to install a fan or will it have to go back into the shop. I feel abit annoyed giving them some more business considering it was working fine untill it went in there.£100 later it dosen't work And he said it didnt need a fan.

You have lost me now. My knowledge has gone as far as it goes , sorry.

Vents are fine and dandy, but if there's no airflow through the case, they are pretty much useless. Fans are easy enough to install.

How about my earlier question concerning the CPU cooling?

Back
Top Bottom