Graphics card

orpey1

Baseband Member
Hi
I have just had my computer installed into a new box. When i first turned it on it lasted 2hrs , turned off and never came back on. I took it back into the shop and they said the graphics card had gone so I had a new one installed. Since I got it back I can't use any dvd convertor programme. Convetxtodvd
crashes. cucusoft avi2dvd shuts the computer down and dvd santa just says there is a fatal error. Can anyone give me any advise please, is it the graphics card or some other problem. The card is NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5500 256MB/DDR/CRT/TV-OUT/DVI if hat helps.

Thanks for your replies. I have checked on the nvidia website and it says my drivers are all up to date.How will i know if the other drivers were deleted.

I have gone into add and remove programmmes and nvidia drivers are there but how will I know if they are the new ones or old ones. Also there are different ones to choose from.
AUDIO DRIVER
DISPLAY DRIVER
ETHERNET DRIVER
GART DRIVER
MEMORY CONTROLLER DRIVER
nFORCE PCI SYSTEM MANAGEMENT DRIVER

Sorry I don't know much about these things.

I have heard this before, uninstalling old drivers, but to be honest I never did that, with my 8500GT, 8600GT and my 4850, I just installed the new drivers every time and didn't worry about the old drivers and haven't had any problems...

I do have Driver Sweeper on my computer though, just in case I ever do run into problems and need to wipe the old drivers off and then reinstall, you might want to try that...

Remove the old drivers, run CCleaner, log into safe mode and install the new drivers. Then shut down(or restart) and log back in normally. Your card may just be too old to actually support most of the newer software. I don't know a lot about older cards. It could just be a compatibility issue.

I would suggest uninstalling the DVD converter programs and then install and test them one at a time to see if there are any conflicts.

I have used ashampoo to clean my computer and uninstalled old drivers. I will have a go at re-installing the programmes.Could it be an over heating problem. The top of the case above the graphics card gets very warm.
Since having the computer put into a new case I do not have a fan. The man in the shop said my old one had burnt out but i wouldnt need one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom