How to increase my input framerate

Holysky

Fully Optimized
Well i have camstudio and it seems that i can't get the fps to get above 20 fps when i record which makes the videos unwatchable. Is there a way to increase the Input Framerate to be able to have no lag in video recordings of my games and not have to spend 37 dollars to get the full version of FRAPS

When you record videos, your FPS will decrease no matter what program you're using. Even FRAPS will take a good number of FPS off.

You can adjust the FPS Fraps will record at. The problem is that recording takes a toll on system performance, so you will get a framerate drop when recording your games.

Im not talking about low FPS in my games, of course Diablo 2 FPS goes down when i use CamStudio, but the question is if there is a way to increase the rate that the computer records so that the videos aren't lagging

T_T

The program lags the game!
If the program lags the game, it makes the recording laggy!
If you want this to stop, get a better CPU, GPU, and RAM!

T_T

wouldn't this be able to handle Diablo 2?

8600gt intel pentium d 3.2GHZ

4GB of kingston?

It'll handle Diablo 2 just fine, but you're missing the point. When you start recording in-game, your FPS will drop a lot because it's a lot more taxing on your system.

yea when i am running fraps, it goes down to 30 FPS when i start to record, but i am using camstudio because it is free

... how can i post a video to show you what i mean

It's going to do that no matter what program you use. You can set the options in the program to record at a lower rate. But, your playback will be laggy, not the gameplay. You're going to take a large performance hit using any recording program. Your computer can handle the game fine. It just can't handle running the game AND recording it as well.

Back
Top Bottom