Optical Mouse

metin

In Runtime
Can anyone recommend me an optical mouse WITH a cord.
Not wireless around $20?
I don't need it to be amazing and if possible not usb.
I would rather use the ps2 kind, if that's what they're called, don't remember.
Thanks for any help

I looked at that one and then I saw it didn't support Vista 64 lol =/
Shipping is $7 too, I guess I'll wait til I need anything else from newegg

Does dpi make a huge difference when playing games?
What would be a good number for that?

DPI makes a huge difference. This is coming from a non-believer of gaming mice and keyboards. I went from a wireless Microsoft optical mouse to a Logitech G5, and I can never, ever go back to that. Depending the game your playing. I use around 1000 DPI normally, and around 1500 while playing. Shoot for something around 2000. Razer makes a 4000 DPI mouse. But, I personally think that's a bit too much.

DPI isn't a sensitivity adjustment. What you should do is set the DPI to the highest setting and adjust sensitivity from there. If you notice, both Razer and Logitech drivers come with separate DPI and sensitivity adjustments.

A higher DPI should give you better accuracy. I don't know where that setting becomes negligible though. DPI is especially important for low-sensitivity players, where a lot more and/or faster mouse movement is involved. The higher DPI should help the mouse to track more accurately.

I've always used Logitech mice, just what I prefer. I used to have an MX Revolution cordless rechargeable laser mouse but I sold that with my desktop system. Now I have a V320 cordless optical laptop mouse, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom