Restoring XP to Factory Settings Please Help

ESSK1

Beta member
Oh boy Computers are fun but they sure can make you loose your mind.
I have Insigna Computer (Intel Inside) Modem # D300a. I recently updated to Internet Exp. 7 and I think that was about only thing it needed to start with problems. Any way long story short I need to restore it. I have original Restore DVD but no directions how to. When I put disk in nothing happens. I tried leaving disk in and turning off computer and then when turning it back on tapping letter "R" F8, F10, F12, F5 (gives me several options: Enable boot Logging, Enabel VGA mode, Last known Good Configration, Directory Services Restore Mode, Debbuging Mode, Disable automatic restart on system failure, Starts windows normaly, Reboot, Return to OS choices menu). I don't know how to make it start from disk, and can't find that option anywhere. If it helps anything software that Recovery DVD contains has been pre-installed on my hard drive at the factory. Any feedback is apprecitated, thanks ahead of time.

When you boot the computer, hit the del key to get into the BIOS (or pay attention during POST as it'll tell you what key to push)

Once in there, you'll want to go to the "boot options" tab and set the CD/DVD-ROM to start up first and then the hard drive.

Press Esc and save, as it starts up, it should say "Press any key to install Windows" and then it's just a matter of following instructions to finish.

Back
Top Bottom