Graphic Novel vs Comic

superman22x

Golden Master
My friend and I got into a big discussion over wether 300 is based on true events or a comic. He says it is based on a comic, I said, NO, because I dont consider a graphic novel the same thing as a comic. I said, 300 is based on the graphic novel, which is based on a true story, just twisted around, so both are basically based on the part in history where Sparta faught Greece.

Back me up, lol.

well, comics aren't always on-going, but i agree with you other than that i guess. a comic is different imo

Graphic Novel - Wikipedia

A graphic novel is a type of comic book, usually with a lengthy and complex storyline similar to those of novels, and often aimed at mature audiences. The term also encompasses comic short story anthologies, and in some cases bound collections of previously published comic book series (more commonly referred to as trade paperbacks).

Graphic novels are typically bound in longer and more durable formats than familiar comic magazines, using the same materials and methods as printed books, and are generally sold in bookstores and specialty comic book shops rather than at newsstands.

graphic novel definition - Dictionary.com
graphic novel
 
–noun
a novel in the form of comic strips.

Origin:
1985–90

graphic novel
n. A novel whose narrative is related through a combination of text and art, often in comic-strip form.

Back
Top Bottom