can my psu handle a 3850?

just a heads up, XS has a pretty cool thread rating psus (tier 1 - tier 5), Xion is on the not recommended list, a tier 5, you may want to think about a more reliable/proven psu in the near future...

psu ratings

I don't favor Xion either but would suggest some other make and model supply when going to build a new case. By then you would looking at an SLI setup where a good solid quality supply will have to be picked out at that time. For now you are simply trying to save for that by getting away with the 450w until then however.

well i got the power supply, a 450 watt xion, for 20 bucks shipped, so thats really all i had the money for... haha and im not really blaiming newegg im blaiming ups but yeah there slowwwwwwwwwwww

Once you are ready to build a new case you will have the mula to spend for a much better make and model psu to start your day off right tnen. Just make certain you get one at that time you can count on.

As far as shipping you could have paid a little more for Fedx and still would have had to wait. Atomic Rooster had that one correct there about taking a look at the time of year. It's like taking a small single lane each way road and packing 500 18wheelers on it in both directions. ssssslowwwww going :p

haha huh yeah i know haha but yeah next computer is probaly going to be a tri or quad 3850 crossfire because of how cheap they are lol

By the time you are ready for the next build you may be looking at quad 4870s instead. :p Generally you want to go as new as possible while still allowing any model to be out for a bit to see more updates available in case one sees a problem.

I have a Xion PSU and I love it
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817190012

I bought it a year ago for my gaming PC and it's been working ever since. I have a 5600+ windsor @ 3Ghz and a 4870 and it run's fine. Led's are not that bright. The only bad thing about it is, the 140mm fan doesn't seem to push as much air as it should.

I would spend the extra money for this brand and go with the 800 watt PSU which has a higher Efficiency rating of 80% and over.

Back
Top Bottom