hard drive rma

slayer6466

Baseband Member
my Hitachi hard drive starts ticking real bad whenever i play tf2 or dod so its gonna crash pretty soon.i sent a rma and they accepted it but the warranty expires December 31 2008.i was gonna send it out tomorrow but it says it will arrive January 6th.will it be accepted since i sent before the 31st or rejected because it arrived after?

As long as it shipped prior to the expiration date they should still honor it since you had already requested the rma. For them it's a simple matter to swap a defect drive for a new replacement at little cost to them.

The next time you go to buy a new drive you may to look at a Seagate or WD instead however. I've been hearing complaints about that brand lately.

your probably right.but i have another problem.before i would play tf2 and dod with an low ping like 8 and it would run fine but now that the drive is clicking even more whenever i play the game lags like crazy even with an ping of 25,i mean it lags so much its unplayable.can this be caused by the hd.

Even when playing online the drive is busy at times accessing files installed there as well. The drive heads are slapping around showing it won't be long before it goes completely on you. You could even see a system wide crash as long as you keep that drive in.

Back
Top Bottom