Upgrade an older computer

I'll try and talk him into a P4 HT. Is there any way to OC a dell a little bit?

The RAM I am almost sure he will get. a 2gb kit is $23 on newegg, so thats easy, and should make a pretty good difference right?

If he moved to a 64 bit system. He could utilize a lot of RAM. I only have 6GB and I breeze through most editing programs. I don't know how well his system will take the upgrades. You're going to have to go to one of the other members here.

SO he went and bought a Zune today... Tried installing it. Well apparently he doesnt even have Service Pack 1. And now he is getting all pissed that he has to do all this updating, and wants to return the Zune... Some please explain why he needs these updates for his computer, cause he is too stubborn...

Just tell him that if he DOESNT Upgrade his computer now,depending on how old the computer is parts will fail anyway,also upgrading is cheaper than a new computer.

No, not upgrade, I mean update... He doesnt think he needs to run Windows Update. Apparently he hasnt since he got the computer... so now that his new Zune is making him get SP3 or something, he is realy pissed that he has to run all these updates.

1) Your OS will run more efficiently.
2) Better protection against viruses, etc.
3) More features.
4) Programs will run better.
5) Better compatibility with newer programs.

Run CPU-Z on that and verify the ram type. I've owned some Dells over the years and best to do to them is max out the ram.
Check the memory matrix. You might be restricted as to what sized cards you can install.

Back
Top Bottom