My Old Tae Kwon Do Instructor

I see what your saying super, seti, but I didn't just learn straight up Tae Kwon Do. My instructor wanted my to be able to defend myself efficiently so he did include many different self defense techniques. Personally, I go for a good chair or rock over my hands and feet. If I did have to get in close, I would go for the knees, break them with a low side kick.

But now a days, if you end up hurting the man you attacked, you end up with some sort of charge. So that's why I like that Hapkido techniques I was taught. It really works and its quite amazing what you can do with a simple twist of the wrist or arm.
That's a great technique, but you are right, you get in trouble for hurting the person. That's why they invented the Tae Kick. You know the old, "Who won the race?" joke, something along those lines. Charlie Horse!! Well, imagine getting kicked in the common perennial instead of a simple knuckle punch. The person will be down for an hour, and no perm damage, if you cant get away in an hour... They have nothing to sue you over. Maybe a bruise?

I dont really know how to spell it... Tae kick, I will work on that, and find a video of it. It's like a round kick, but it cuts down slightly, to hit with the outside of the shin on the common perennial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9g94w88qIQ&feature=channel_page

He does the kick at the end of the combo.

Back
Top Bottom