Would this be a good idea?

Nvidia has a thing called "Hybrid SLI" and "GeForce Boost" that allows you to basically run an SLI setup using a video card and the onboard graphics. Unfortunately, your 8600GT doesn't support this technology.

Nvidia Hybrid SLI

so i would need something like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130384

but i cant sli a 9 series and an 8 series right? isn't there no MOBO with 9 series graphics or does it treat it the same becuase of them both being almost the same?
You wouldn't really get any kind of a performance boost from hybrid SLi with a 9800GT. It would be good for power consumption, but who really cares about that? :D

9800GT is an 8800GT with Hybrid SLi support.

Your best bet would be to wait until you can afford a new video card like the 9800GT you posted. That would easily play Crysis on med settings and would be plenty for COD.

If you were to use a 9800GT on that motherboard, you would only benefit from using HybridPower which would lower the power consumption during gaming.

ok TY so should i get the AMD mobo or the 750i.

AMD's are supposed to be "True" Quad cores and are better to overclock

Intel's i have used my whole life and are also good to overclock, but are 20 or 30 dollars more expensive (9850 vs. Q6600)

which one and which mobo for SLI

The GTX+ outperforms the HD 4850 in most tests.
Pics or GTFO.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3340&p=1

In Crysis, the GTX+ is slightly faster and in COD4, the 4850 is slightly faster.
ok TY so should i get the AMD mobo or the 750i.
Depends on whether you decide to go with the 9800GTX+ or the HD 4850. Atomic Rooster says the GTX+ is faster, but I would put them at more or less equal. Unless you're playing at 1680x1050+, stick with the 512MB though, the 1GB VRAM won't make a big difference.
AMD's are supposed to be "True" Quad cores and are better to overclock

Intel's i have used my whole life and are also good to overclock, but are 20 or 30 dollars more expensive (9850 vs. Q6600)
Stock, the 9850 and the Q6600 are about the same (9950's only a tiny bit more, though), but overclocked, the Q6600 will most likely end up faster. It will also depend on how good of an overclocker you are. Phenoms can really test your skillz.

Back
Top Bottom