High Speed
240 Gold-Plated Pins DDR2
Warranty Term: LIFETIME WARRANTY

OR

128x8 DDR2 Unbuffered Desktop DIMM
DQ DQ Burst Frequency: 533 MHz
1GB DDR2 240 Gold Pin
Non ECC , Non Registered, UnBuffered, Non Parity

They are both pretty much the same, just that one has higher density than the other. The density doesn't really matter between the both of them, but I think the lower density one (top) has more compatibility with PC's. Or would that be between the 128xx, 32xx and the 64xx?

If I am right, get the top one.
But they are like %99 the same...

you can run 4GB of memory no matter what OS you have, you just wont be able to use the last 750MB (even if you have shared memory)

Just get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
its only 5 bucks more than the first set and it is a NAME brand, a very good brand on top of that. You still get the free shipping too (which will take forever this time of year)

It doesnt matter that it isnt DDR2 533, if your motherboard cant support the full speed it will just underclock the memory automatically (which is perfectly fine).

you can run 4GB of memory no matter what OS you have, you just wont be able to use the last 750MB (even if you have shared memory)

Just get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
its only 5 bucks more than the first set and it is a NAME brand, a very good brand on top of that. You still get the free shipping too (which will take forever this time of year)

It doesnt matter that it isnt DDR2 533, if your motherboard cant support the full speed it will just underclock the memory automatically (which is perfectly fine).

I believe my motherboard only accepts 1gb per slot.

"Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-8500,DDR2 PC2-6400,DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

*Not to exceed manufacturer "

You don't want to run all 4 slots. There can be complications. It's not guaranteed, just more likely.

You don't want to run all 4 slots. There can be complications. It's not guaranteed, just more likely.

I've never had any problems running 4 slots before, even mixing and matching brands and speeds, it shouldn't be a problem, the extra power draw using all 4 slots isn't that much...

Back
Top Bottom