help with mic

kwoook

Beta member
Yeah so I have this problem with my microphone and audio stuff. I use Realtek HD Sound Manager and the issue is with my mic. Whenever I try to speak, it picks up the audio that it couldn't possibly pick up from that distance. So say I am listening to music on my headphones and my microphone is nowhere near it and I record the sound, it will play back the music. In Ventrilo it replays everyone's voices and in games I can't talk either. I dont know if its possible if the computer has its own microphone that's picking up the audio somehow, but does anybody know how to fix this? I'm quite a nub so I dont know much about computers. Any help would be great, thanks.

Try finding a slider where you can adjust the microphones sensitivity.

In games you probably have to press a button to talk to it's not voice activated or you haven't set it up right in-game.

My line volume, front mic, mic volume, and stereo mix are all greyed out and cannot be moved in the windows recording control. I wonder if it has anything to do with realtek. When i am in-game and click the button i get a replay of what i am hearing in game. So instead of saying what i want to say, a gunshot would be heard out of my mic.

it's weird, my device audio is nvidia corp, but my playback stuff is realtek. idk if they conflict?

Hmm...maybe some settings might be interfering, check ALL the voice and sound settings in game, out of game and for the mic and speakers. Make sure they are as you want them. Realtek shouldn't be conflicting with your mic because I have Realtek and a Creative Fatal1ty Pro Gaming Headset along with Creative Gigaworks T40 2.0 speakers which are fine.

Yeah i just toyed with the realtek manager thing and I think i got it. Thanks so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom