Car Thread!

I bet the powerband drops like a rock when you rev it up.

DOHC in a tank? Why can't American manufacturers do this with their sports cars?

That's not necessarily a good thing. It's actually quite a joke how Toyota had to go into NASCAR just to be competitive since they did so poorly in Formula 1 a year or two ago.

But if this was the 1980's/1990's then I would agree with what you said. The Mk.IV Supra was a beast. That 2JZ-GTE engine with twin turbos is still one of the finest engines ever made...of course, since it was designed by a German company contracted by Toyota. :p

Still, even today it's crazy seeing how much power drag racers get from that straight six. If you tune it properly, you can easily get over 1,000hp from a 2JZ.

Yeah I know but didnt Toyota win once in NASCAR? I didnt even knew they tried F1. And 2JZ FTW! That engine is awesome 1k WHP is easy to get with boost.

1000 WHP is cool, but the powerband is completely useless anywhere other than the drag strip.

I bet the powerband drops like a rock when you rev it up.

DOHC in a tank? Why can't American manufacturers do this with their sports cars?
They do. That's a Ford motor, 1100 CI DOHC. Mustang GTs come with a 28x 4.6L DOHC, or some are SOHC. That 4.6L gets decent mileage too. Now the 5.4L in the full size pickups and higher end mustangs, idk much about that one.

They do. That's a Ford motor, 1100 CI DOHC. Mustang GTs come with a 28x 4.6L DOHC, or some are SOHC. That 4.6L gets decent mileage too. Now the 5.4L in the full size pickups and higher end mustangs, idk much about that one.

I know ford does SOHC in their vehicles recently, I just don't see why Dodge and Chevy aren't doing it in their high-end sports cars. You get more flexible with intake and exhaust cam timings that way.

Cause Ford is the best! lol, idk, the new camaro has about the power of Fords V-8 in its V-6. But it doesnt come with the bragging rights of a V-8, lol.

Yeah I know but didnt Toyota win once in NASCAR? I didnt even knew they tried F1. And 2JZ FTW! That engine is awesome 1k WHP is easy to get with boost.

I think Toyota did win a NASCAR race once. Their F1 team was such a joke though...Panasonic Toyota F1 Racing. :p This season they did alright, but the previous two seasons were so dismal that the CEO of Toyota had to threaten the F1 team that if they didn't get a podium finish at least once, he would cut funding.

Back
Top Bottom