8800gts ~ $80

Well I can...but the whole point of the thread was to see if the card was a steal. If I were looking to buy a graphics card at regular price I'd get myself an HD4850.

for $90 and free shipping.
I would say yeah it is. I would go for one if i didnt get an 8800GT already.

Nice price for the GTS and yes you will notice the improvement.

I've had to drop back to my 8800GTS 640MB as my 9800GTX started artifacting something terrible, dodgy NVIDIA G92 core imo, it's on its way to Asus RMA, the good old reliable GTS just stepped up to the plate with no problems, in fact I think it does as good a job tbh.

If you haven't already bought it I'd say go fo gold, drumthrasher does have a good point also.

for $90 and free shipping.
I would say yeah it is. I would go for one if i didnt get an 8800GT already.

actually there's a promo code, it's $79 shipped, definitely a steal and an even bigger steal at low res...

I don't know how to take this. Buy it or get something better?

I think it's a steal because it will perform almost to 8800GT standards (and even surpasses it in some instances) for considerably less (more than $20 less), check their head to head benches here

and hurry, I think today is the last day to order the 8800GTS for that price...

Ah I remember when I got mine for like 280 new when they jsut came out lol.

Ditto, PC gaming IS NOT a poor man's sport

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130424

go with that, its not the older 8xxx series, its the same price, performs slightly better than the 320MB i think, going off the top of my head. It will run cooler and use less power. its a similar price too, and even better since your not buying as old of technology.

Back
Top Bottom