Mamecade

I'm kinda at a standstill... but it's pretty simple for the most part.

Just gut your stuff and build a PC inside the cab. Then get MAME and find a frontend you like to run on boot.

A difficult part is using an arcade monitor as your display, I think there are GPUs that can work with these, but the whole 15 Hz thing kinda messes stuff up so you need to verify compatibility.

Controls are simple, best thing I can recommend is a KeyWiz or equivalent.
http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=76

I like the KeyWiz in particular because it is PS/2. Works just like a standard keyboard. So just pick one that works for you, wire up the controls in a standard daisy chain, give the chip power and ground, and you're good to go.

yeah i gutted it out and was gonna mount the mobo,hd,dvd drive,and psu on mdf board on the supports where the original board used to go.the original monitor was there but not gonna use it because those old g07s have a nasty habit of catching on fire even when the psu is unplugged because of the power stored.only question is how will i mount the psu on the mdf board as it has no holes to thread screws from under the board to the psu?

Dangerous alert...

You could ground and discharge it and just take the guts out of the PSU chassis and mount it directly to the MDF possibly. But you'd need to space it out.

how would i discharge it .is it like i did with the go7 getting an paper clip and all that stuff?....

Ground it and then discharge the caps by shorting them. I'd find you some pretty well insulated stuff cause there is high voltage in those. But if you've already done a monitor then it's nothing compared to that.

yeah my setup is a old compaq mobo with an Intel celeron d 1.5ghz,10gb hitachi deskstar,256mb ram,old 300 watt psu.what kind of cab do you have

I was gonna build one. I'm thinking a tabletop unit. I have a 19" flatscreen CRT I'm going to use for the display.

Back
Top Bottom