Calling all Musicians...

I thought elecritic an acoustic were the same execept for look and plugablity to an amp. I think as long you get a regular electric their the same (string and note wise).

I'm learning to play guitar now. My mate has both.

And I think if you can play acoustic then you will be a breeze on electric.

I thought elecritic an acoustic were the same execept for look and plugablity to an amp. I think as long you get a regular electric their the same (string and note wise).
Nah, they arnt the same. They have the same string layout, but they are different beasts!

Electric guitars use pickups (which use magnets etc AFAIK).

I'd love an electric even though I'm not learning guitar, as it'd be great to simply pick up and mess with effects, etc.

I could learn guitar though... my dad is a guitar teacher... hmm...

acoustics are trickier to play than electrics. The strings are wayyyyy thicker and the action is a bit higher, so if you pick up an electric, and its setup well, it should be really easy.

Yeah I can't stand acoustics. There's only one I've been able to play well, though I haven't played many of them.

I like electric. Pick what you like, and you shouldn't let anyone tell you that you need to learn acoustic before electric. Like before, they are much different beasts. No sense wasting learning time specializing technique for an acoustic that you could spend with an electric if you preferred. Same concepts but much different animals.

Awesome :D

I Might get me one then :)

Also what's easier to learn,Tabs or Chords?

EDIT;I Just found out that i can use this guitar as a conventional guitar aswell! (Simply use it through a standard amp)

Awesome :D

I Might get me one then :)

Also what's easier to learn,Tabs or Chords?

EDIT;I Just found out that i can use this guitar as a conventional guitar aswell! (Simply use it through a standard amp)

When you begin, Tabs are easier, but when you get good, you can just play some pretty sweet riffs knowing the chord.

I'd start with Tabs, but do learn more than just power chords.

Back
Top Bottom