64 lincoln continental

slayer6466

Baseband Member
Were restoring an 64 lincoln continental with the suicide doors.Its been sitting for 29 years behind a barn(not inside:( ) in Wichita falls Texas about 3 hours from my dads shop.After $5,000 of body work(which was a bargain considering the amount of work done)the car should probably run tomorrow.i put oil inside 2 days ago to let the motor lubricate and turned it over by hand.will post pics of the car before and now and vid of the motor running:D :D

What's the power source? Suicide doors... never been a fan of them. I have seen a couple trucks with Lambo doors, and thare kinda cool looking.

original 430(7.0l) mel marauder.365hp with 485 foot pounds of torque.we installed an edelbrock 750 cfm carb.Car was in bad shape but after popping in an battery all the lights on the inside works but we still have to replace wiring.hope it runs by tomorrow:D :D .getting anxious.also have a 66 camino with an 327/400 with an holley 650 cfm manual choke holley performer intake and fuelie heads.its the original engine also.installed an 400 couple days ago with some help on the drive shaft from atomic rooster.yeah but once i save up some more money gonna swap the 10 bolt and get a 12 posi with some cragars.its my first car so im going all out on it

Good year. :p We've got a 64 sport fury that we're putting a stroked 440 in, can't freakin wait till we get the motor back..

The motor should be putting around 650 to the crank, that's what previous 440's with the same setup have made that were built by this guy. :D

original 430(7.0l) mel marauder.365hp with 485 foot pounds of torque.we installed an edelbrock 750 cfm carb.Car was in bad shape but after popping in an battery all the lights on the inside works but we still have to replace wiring.hope it runs by tomorrow:D :D .getting anxious.also have a 66 camino with an 327/400 with an holley 650 cfm manual choke holley performer intake and fuelie heads.its the original engine also.installed an 400 couple days ago with some help on the drive shaft from atomic rooster.yeah but once i save up some more money gonna swap the 10 bolt and get a 12 posi with some cragars.its my first car so im going all out on it
Go all the way, and throw in a lunchbox locker. What does it have for rear-end? Something similar to the Ford 9inch? 430, thats pretty big!! Stroke it man!! lol, jk, sounds like the costs are high enough as it is...

wow :eek: that's a nice engine.would want to drop that in my camino:D .was it an original 4 speed

wish i could but my bro wants it for cruising.cost seem high but most of the time you wont get back what you invested.its a 10 bolt i think haven't really checked

Suicide doors... never been a fan of them. I have seen a couple trucks with Lambo doors, and thare kinda cool looking.
Suicide doors aren't quite the same thing as the "Lambo doors".

Here's a classic '64 Continental with the rear suicide doors open:

64LincolnPass-Side-Long.JPG

I've seen cars and trucks with those vertical door kits. It looks like a pain in the arse to get in and out with them doors flipped up like that.

Back
Top Bottom