Camera help

Mrcoswell

Beta member
Ok, so i have a video i would like to put from my Video camera to my Pc, but it just wont seem to work.

I'll try and give as much information on the camera as i can so you get the idea.
It's a 'Sony Digital video camera recorder DCR-TRV270E". I have already got the video recorded (On a tape, not Memory card). On the little input thing there are 3 inputs, one for a USB and another that says AV out DV out. Above that is a little slot that looks like the same kind of input you'd get for headphones, which is yellow.

I've looked at some things online and they've all said just go to windows movie maker and select the camera, but my computer wont even pick up the camera. I have it connected through USB atm, as i don't know what the other two do. So how do i get my video from my camera to my PC?

I actually know nothing about what to do so any help is appreciated.

How many USB's have you tried? Is the camera just not detected at all or just not by WMM?

you need to use firewire. you can't transfer video from a camera through usb, since its speeds are not steady enough to transfer live video without dropped frames.

this end goes into the camera

Firewire4-pin.jpg

and this end goes into the computer, but make sure you have a firewire port or a pci expansion card that has a firewire port on it.

Final-Firewire.jpg

Back
Top Bottom