Might need new computer

I have an 22" LCD wide screen monitor so I need it to be hdmi (i think that is the term) but want RGA compatible to. yes on mouse and keyboard. I also have Harman Kardon speakers which are very good so that is not needed either.

I just finished putting all the parts together online, and then realized the other page gives you stereo speakers too. Thats a pretty nice amount of customization too for not a ridiculous premium. I'd definitely consider ordering from them. Probably the best you're going to get for $300

I just finished putting all the parts together online, and then realized the other page gives you stereo speakers too. Thats a pretty nice amount of customization too for not a ridiculous premium. I'd definitely consider ordering from them. Probably the best you're going to get for $300

Are you talking about the PC Atomic Rooster linked to in this thread? I hope he is not mad at me for my earlier statement. I was just referring to the opinion of the techie at circuit city.

Th "opinion" of the "tech" at Circuit City shoud be taken with a grain of salt. The Intel chips right now are faster than their AMD counterparts, but that doesn't mean AMD chips are bad. I've used nothing but AMD CPU's in all my builds and have never had a problem with them. They are a great solution when building low cost computers and also do well in a gaming machine.

Now, if you're wanting to build the absolute fastest, meanest, gaming computer you can get your hands on, then an Intel based system would be the way to go. But since you're just looking for a good all around system, the AMD system would do you well.

Do you agree with me that I would be better off getting a new PC if a new motherboard costs around $175 and who knows how much more for labor cause I would be getting a dual core intsead of single core or would you just go with the new mobo?

Without the keyboard, mose and speakers on your link it comes down to $323.

I'm not quite so sure you need a new motherboard...Did you say the only thing you can't do is access the internet? The post wasn't very clear so I'm double checking. If the computer still boots up your motherboard is fine. I would check the model because some motherboards that run P4 as LGA775. If this is true, then you can just buy a C2D and save yourself some money.

I'm not quite so sure you need a new motherboard...Did you say the only thing you can't do is access the internet? The post wasn't very clear so I'm double checking. If the computer still boots up your motherboard is fine. I would check the model because some motherboards that run P4 as LGA775. If this is true, then you can just buy a C2D and save yourself some money.

Yes, computer boots up fine no issues at all. S/w works fine. if I didn't say it already, I will now. I was using my computer yesterday morning, I down loaded comodo firewall and then when it was done d/ling about 2 secs later I heard a zap and my electricity went out for about 2 to 5 secs and came right back on. Computer didn'r reboot or anything. Thats when I couldn't access the net so I assume my NIC card got zapped so I replaced it with another one. The first one was integrated.

What do you think it could be?

thx

I'm thinking you need to do a hard reset on your router and modem. Shut down any computers connected to the router. Unplug the power cords from both the router and modem and leave them that way for a minute or so. Plug the modem in first and let it reinitalize it's connection. Then do the same with the router. When the router is done with it's routine, boot up the computer and see if you can establish a connection.

Back
Top Bottom