Worms.

aowen416

Daemon Poster
So, here's the deal.

My entire school gets tablets. My entire school is full of kids who do not know how to use a computer. My entire school is full of kids who are stupid enough to get the famous "MSN Viruses" which require you to click a link after someone says something like "OMG, LOOK IT'S YOU"...even though the link is to some obscure site which obviously doesn't host the picture of you.

So, stupidity (and anaphora) aside, as it's a worm, and all our tablets are connected, half the school has the damn thing now, including myself. The IT guys collected the tablets to fix it, (ironically, they called it a "virus" instead of a "worm") and are removing it by "updating the POS that Norton is".

So, I said I forgot my tablet and am choosing to remove it myself.

Downloaded the trail of Nod32 (want a subscription, can't afford :() and it's running now in safe-mode.

Now, I also want another firewall...any free suggestions?

I removed the registry entries for it (the ones I could find, anyway) and it's still here...so yeah...Nod32, booting in safe mode, seeing if I can find the local file somewhere.

Btw, it's called the W32.IRCBot. The Wikipedia description is laughable as it shows how incredibly stupid you have to be to get it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backdoor.Win32.IRCBot

If you downloaded the NOD32 Smart Security, it comes with a nice firewall. I actually use that instead of the Windows firewall.

Ok....I've tried locating it in the registry, and somewhere deep on my C:\ drive and I can't find it.

Tried Nod32, it didn't find it.

Trying Norton now *Cringe*....but I doubt it will. How do I get rid of this damn thing?

Have to run in safe mode, the worm slows everything down by fifty-fold.

Back
Top Bottom