Might need new computer

Celticsfan

Banned
Looking for a dual core computer. I am not a gamer so no need for anything extreme. I am looking to spend around $300. If you guys know of any please let me know.

thx

$300 is low. You will have to go with an AMD build. Are you familiar with computers?

Just athlon in general. Well, that is what someone told me today at circuit city so i quess i should not say that. The P4 that I have now is single core. How much faster will the one you suggested will that be compared to mine?

The reason I am wondering is I think the mobo on mine is shot cause yesterday the power in one of my rooms in which my computers are in and when I was on it i heard a zap so I believe I had a power spike. I then tried to use my computer again but I couldn't get access to the net so i went out and bought another NIC card but that wouldn't work either. What would you guess the problem to be? I tried the updated drivers from the net but had the same results.

If it is my mobo, the guy at Circuit city said a new one would cost about $175 so for that price I would be better off buying a whole new computer.

your thoughts, please?

thx

Intel seems to have a significant advantage in terms of power/price range. It's too bad because AMD was rightly underrated in the past with their older series but seem to have lost their game.

Anyway, if you're looking to build a $300 system, is this from scratch, or do you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse? Can you use an old case or any other parts? If no, $300 will be pretty tight, but I think doable. I'll go check, unless you're looking to get a preconfigured one from a supplier.

Wow, that is a pretty nice setup for $339. I love the case. The speakers that come with it, aren't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom