Case fans and Cathode light

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I just bought 2 120mm LED case fans and a cathode light for my comp(all blue of course) as just a little side gift for my recent birthday and I realized I don't think I can connect all of that to my power supply... I have antec 900 case with the room for 2 additional fans BUT when you connect them aren't they connected to the PSU and I don;t think I have any free connectors if I;m correct....do you connect them in series or am I missing the whole idea here...it's been a year since I built this PC and I am totally forgetful. Thanks in advance.

It depends. Some fans come with connectors that let you connect fans to each other, allowing them to be powered off of one molex connector. This is not something you do with high-powered fans or off a motherboard header.

i conected mine to the mobo, not the psu. i have room for 5 extra fans on mine..you dont need any of the psu cables..am i wrong that they dont connect to the psu??

Some fans come with 3-pin motherboard connectors, while others come with 4-pin molex connectors. A lot of fans you buy come with adapters so you can run the fan either way.

http://www.sunbeamtech.com/index-2.html

In the menu to the left click on accessories. Then connectors and expansion. In the top left and bottom right are two different styles of connector buss. Top left is a molex while the bottom right is a three pin fan buss. Trouble is when you use the fan buss you lose the tach lead. But they're handy for when you run out of connectors. Both are about the size of a pack of smokes.

Back
Top Bottom