What do you think of this power supply?

Thermaltake is a trustable brand
But how much of a discount?
That could help determine if its worth it =x

I'm planning on running 2 GTX260 Core 216 in SLI. I'm already dominating every game I can think of with one. I can't even begin to comprehend what two will do. I'm getting my friend to buy it from me. So, that would be manufacturer's cost plus five percent. I'm not sure how much exactly. I'm going to estimate around $100.

From what I hear about two cards in rather then one is that you wouldn't always see much of any real gain. If you plan to run more then one monitor then you look at running more then one card for that. At least you will save some on the supply however.

The GTX260 is a fantastic SLI card. It gives great results. I need it for a big t.v. I'm still debating on waiting a few months. I don't really need all the extra power right now. It will give me a lot of time to save up for a really good t.v.

You generally wouldn't need that large of a supply just for large screen viewing. For SLI and some ocing then you would want a little extra onhand. The best efficiency seen with any supply however is when you have a good load placed on them.

It's more of gaming at 1900x1200, haha. Definitely a lot of 1080p movies, as well.

Without any plans for SLI like you have there or any ocing that would be a little too much. But since you are planning to push things a bit anything from 650w up would be good move. The Toughpower line is usually the favored forThermalTake however.

Back
Top Bottom