Psystar Computers

Spioballer

Solid State Member
I was thinking about getting one of these for Christmas. http://store.psystar.com/business/desktops/open-osx.html
2.53 GHz Core2Duo E7200 500GB 7,200RPM SATA GeForce 7200GS 256MB. I have some questions about it though so I thought I'd try this forum out. I am planning on saving some money by setting up a dual boot by myself. I am starting with the Mac OS and going to install Vista, they offer a service to do it but it's over $150. That being said I have been doing research trying to see if I can get a better deal somewhere else? I am going to use this computer for gaming/video editing, etc. it will get pretty heavy use. do you think the specs are alright? And I was wondering what I could overclock it to. Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks. Steven

The processor is fine. The graphic card is really holding you back. I would suggest building your own. It's very simple and will cost less than a prebuilt. The computer will also preform better for the same price.

Well, how simple. I mean I'm sure I could figure it out, but I'm 15 and not sure if I would really have the patience to go through the whole process.

The longest part is ordering the parts and waiting for them to arrive. Installing everything takes less than 45 minutes (pushing it) and installing the OS takes an hour tops.

I am starting with the Mac OS and going to install Vista, they offer a service to do it but it's over $150.

For video editing I would recommend a Core2Quad. It will dominate the Core2Duo. They aren't fantastic for gaming, but get the job done. You can get the Q6600. It's a great chip for a good price. I own it myself and I do a good amount of editing. It breezes through intense tasks. It's easy to overclock as well.

Like I mentioned before, you should purchase a Mac if you want to use Mac OS. The system you'll be getting will have problems running Mac OS efficiently.

How much have you got to spend? We can put together all the parts for you online. All you'll have to do is click on our links and add them to cart. When they get to your house you put them together. It's only a matter of plugging stuff where it belongs. For parts, it's pretty obvious. For cables you can just refer to the motherboard manual. The main thing to remember when building a computer is if it doesn't fit, it doesn't go there. And you have to be patient. If you're new it might take you a while to get it together and such. No more than a day though. Just take it slow.

Back
Top Bottom