PCI E 2.0 Question

They use a pair of GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB cards. It's on the "Ballistics Reports" page.

I was reading the comments and it appears that the reason for the near identical performance of the 780i SLI x16 vs. 750i SLI x8 is that the EVGA 750i SLI board does run at 2 x16, not 2 x8 as stated in the manual.

The GTX260 Core 216 is supposed to be a great SLI'ing card. SLI with these cards improves performance by 86.7%.

Proof

edit: When you take a closer look they don't really show much proof that it is indeed 2 GTX260 in SLI. Looking for more proof.

More Proof

edit: After all it varies by games (duh!). However, a good deal of it is 70-80s.

The GTX260 SLI setup beats the SLI'ed 280's at the 1600x1200 resolution. I play at 1680x1050. So, for me, it's a fantastic offer. Hopefully the prices go down a bit more. I spent some time on the phone with an EVGA technician. He couldn't tell me what exactly. But, he did say that EVGA employees are excited for some new graphic products arriving shortly. I can do the step-up program hopefully.

i did a bit more research, and i found some that said it performs at x16, while some said that it performs at x8.
I cant seem to find the information on the EVGA site either? maybe ask in the EVGA forum?

The box says it has two PCI x16 lanes at 1.0/2.0. It's getting pretty confusing. One EVGA person told me x8 x8 and the other told me x16 x16. No one really has a definite answer.

if it was me, i would be satisfied as long as i can SLI. Its not like you get much performance anyways between the x16 and x8.

I know. The Core 216 are fantastic SLI cards. I paid off most of my credit balance. I really need to pay the rest off in a week, before I start paying a lot of interest. I plan to get the next one in a while. I also need to get a new power supply as well. That really killed my enthusiasm, haha.

Back
Top Bottom