computer noob following his wallet.

true intel is the high life of processors. amd sits back and makes great processors. simple. and simple sockets.

Intel processors do perform better, but that comes at a higher price. Most budget builders lean towards AMD because you can get a good bang-for-your-buck system.

What makes XFX so much better than EVGA? If they both follow the reference design then they are the exact same thing with different colors or coolers.
+1, I can never understand that.

Intel outperforms AMD at the high end, but in the mid range it's swings and roundabouts. You probably could get better bang for your buck with AMD in this price range, follow Joga's advice.

if i were to get amd...i probably chip in another $30 and get the 9850??
and is buying a $70 mobo a good idea??? What makes it that much cheaper than the $100+ ones. Are they just poor quality, last shorter, or just have less options/specs?

They mostly have less ports and options as their high end counterparts. For example, my 750i is a low end version of a 780i. I have 2 less SATA ports, 1 less ethernet port, 1 PCI-E x16 2.0 less and no firewire. But, just about everything else is the same.

and is buying a $70 mobo a good idea??? What makes it that much cheaper than the $100+ ones. Are they just poor quality, last shorter, or just have less options/specs?

there's some 100+ ones that are just as good as the 70 ones, check out the features of them, see what you like, the 9850 is a pretty good processor and will do really good but then again the 6000 isent very bad, the 6000 should be enough and your video card will more than likely bottle neck it so it really matters on your preference

this is a great deal on an open box ASUS P5Q board, probably about $80 including shipping...

ASUS P5Q

for a good deal on a video card, I would go for this $80 (with promo code and free shipping) 8800GTS 320MB...

8800GTS 320MB

your PSU may not be able to handle that system though with only 21 amps on one rail...

this is a great deal on an open box ASUS P5Q board, probably about $80 including shipping...

ASUS P5Q

for a good deal on a video card, I would go for this $80 (with promo code and free shipping) 8800GTS 320MB...

8800GTS 320MB

your PSU may not be able to handle that system though with only 21 amps on one rail...

QFT! With newegg's awesome deals right now you could probably pick up a very nice PSU to fit that build.

Back
Top Bottom