Need assistance on processor information...

Verbatim47

In Runtime
I currently have an AMD X2 4600+ as said in my sig.

I want to get a 9950 Quad core or a 9850 Quad core Phenom.

The issue is that I want to know that the new "Deneb" AM3 Processors will be compatible with my motherboard. The ASRock K10750iSLI-WIFI motherboard.

Also there is a AM2+ "Deneb" Processor coming out, I would also like to know if that will work with my board.

I also know that there will be AM2+ "Deneb" Processors that do not have the AM3 socket.

Can someone please inform me a bit more about this... Thanks!

Yes, your board will support the 45nm AM2+ Phenoms.

AM2+ 45nm Phenoms will have a DDR2 memory controller, AM3 45nm Phenoms will have the DDR3 memory controller and will be released later on.

The 45nm Server CPUs have already been released so desktop shouldn't be long, probably sometime in January. Early reports are pretty impressive actually.

The new Deneb AM3 chips will work in AM2+ socket so it is fully compatible with your ASrock motherboard. Later on down the road, if you want to upgrade to DDR3 memory, the Deneb will be right at home on a new AM3 motherboard.

Do you guys know which versions of the processors are called, I know I will later find out, but there might be some info out there, I just cannot find it. Thanks much for the replies...

Thanks again for the reply, but which processors on that page are the AM2+ processors that are 45nm, not the AM3 sockets...

They will release AM2+ 45nm Phenoms, but they will have the DDR2 memory controller only.

Back
Top Bottom