Annoying little problem

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I know this is probably not a real problem but on my HP DV9700T there is a touch bar at the top of the keyboard that has the controls for dvd/cd, quick play volume up/down and such. Well the little led's that light up the volume up and down controls went out, they're not lit up anymore. Anyone have any ideas as to how this happened or what I could do? I thought led's weren't supposed to go out?

I dont think LEDS are supposed to go out. Maybe its a different type of light. Do any of the buttons around those work? Maybe try calling HP, sounds like something that is going to have to be replaced.

That's a laptop right? I'll assume so.

The laptops my school issues occasionally have a similar issue where the entire top touch-bar does not work. Simply taking it off unplugging it, and replugging it in usually fixes it. Look up the service manual for your laptop before attempting this as it is very easy to break if you are not careful.

That's a laptop right? I'll assume so.

The laptops my school issues occasionally have a similar issue where the entire top touch-bar does not work. Simply taking it off unplugging it, and replugging it in usually fixes it. Look up the service manual for your laptop before attempting this as it is very easy to break if you are not careful.
Thanks. Yeah it's a laptop. I just looked up the service manual and it's pretty easy to take off the switch cover and see what is going on under there, maybe it's possible to replace the lights or whatever.

I doubt you need to replace the lights. try just reseating the cable that connects it and see if that works for you.

Do the buttons work? I was kinda under impression that they dont.
Yeah, the buttons still work, they just don't light up

We were all under that impression. OP, just what do you want from us?
I want nothing from you.

I doubt you need to replace the lights. try just reseating the cable that connects it and see if that works for you.
Thanks for the quality help, I'll give it a shot here in a little bit, won't take that long. Just as long as the buttons still work properly I can live with it, but it's worth taking off and trying to reseat the connections.

Back
Top Bottom