day's of gas dropping done?

By then we will have the technology to make cars that run on water and that will be our main source of income.

I'm not saying that our coal supply is limitless, and I'm not saying America will be long gone before its gone, but what I'd like to point out is our current technology still supports gas guzzling cars, and we do need to let the technology get further ahead before we can claim our independence from gas, coal, and ruining the earth. Coal happens to be able to sustain an independent good economy while that happens. We need an intermediate step before we get off all petroleum and what not.

But if people are allways thinking in the same way that you are thinking, then we WONT have the technology!

But if people are allways thinking in the same way that you are thinking, then we WONT have the technology!

we can't expect every car manufacturer to start producing gas-less cars by next Sunday. Even with an unlimited design team, the technology is not there yet. Even today's hybrid cars have engines in them and burn gas. We need something to get us over the hump of that lack of technology and that something is coal.

You say the technology isn't there yet - It doesn't just fall out of the sky! Someone has to develop the technology...

Develop the technology for a coal burning car? Is that what you're talking about?

I'm supervising a group at school making a small engine run on wood smoke. Technically its would be the same principals as burning coal. And actually fairly clean. Because you seal up the coal buning box and only have an intake for the clean air. Then, all the smoke is channeled through pipe, which then burns in the pistons of the engine. We have done small scale tests of this and it works great.

I might think to look if any car could take Ethanol gas anyways. Right now, I'm done with driving, so I don't really care. Public Transit is the big guzzlers, but they are more economical than cars, considering the ammount of people that takes it.

CNN, I never trusted them...ever.

You say the technology isn't there yet - It doesn't just fall out of the sky! Someone has to develop the technology...

and I can say that getting coal powered cars is gonna happen about 10000000x faster than air powered cars will.

We're going to be using gas for a very, very long time. it will take them forever to build something worth while and it will actually last.

And coal, is something that will eventaully run out. We need to use something that we can already produce - electricity. We'll always have hydroelectricty, and we'l always have solar panels, and wind.

I think that water or hydrogen cars would be the best bet for the future...Ethanol sounds nice but it is just so damn impractical to be the leader for powering future cars..

As to the coal thing, you have remember that if when people say we have 'x years of coal left' thats based on how much we use now for electricity, etc, and if you throw in powering 100s of Millions of cars then your coal supply won't last nigh long enough to be an efficient solution.

I think that water or hydrogen cars would be the best bet for the future...Ethanol sounds nice but it is just so damn impractical to be the leader for powering future cars..

As to the coal thing, you have remember that if when people say we have 'x years of coal left' thats based on how much we use now for electricity, etc, and if you throw in powering 100s of Millions of cars then your coal supply won't last nigh long enough to be an efficient solution.
I agreehttp://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/14/windows_seven/

Back
Top Bottom