THE biggest problem. no joke

amp27

Daemon Poster
not even kidding. i totally messed up my boot sector and can not get to windows.

THE story

i wanted to make a clone of my disk with norton goast 2003. so i installed the program and carried out the task. went to clone c to h. computer is supposed to restart and boot into PC DOS 7.1(nortons os for norton goast)

didnt work.it tryed to clone the drive but failed. biggest loop hole in my life.

i called an adult IT person my parents know and i myself knows and he then told me that norton changed the boot sector. AND that it dont work with sata drives. CRAP!! so hear i am stuck between power off and comand prompt where it is asking for a drive path and all these yes or no questions. cant figure out how to get to safe mode.F8 does shit for me and cant to to the page with last known good config and my friend had me enter all the stops. like windows. dir, dir w*, winnt. windows.exe and all where bad commands.

i am clueless how to get out of it. disabled the cd drive and still dont work. i have done all the simple sh*t. we got to go in deep. as the bois is lost and cant get(find) to windows.

i know i am probably over reacting and the first person that reads this will fix it but if a hired IT person that is like good good with windows then i dont think its gonna be easy.

please. ill be hear to reple right away most of the time. as i am given google a run for its money.

thats what i was thinking. and then i thought. why in the world didnt my friend tell me that. so i didnt try it. ill try it now

i got a message saying

please insert the disk labled: windows automated system recovery disk into the floppy drive. is there a place i can go to get a file to put it on a disk.

one problem i think you need to make the disk while your in windows on the computer. right?

ok so i am at the point like this

C:/>

and i can tpye. what path drive do i tpye. please any one

ok so the ASR disk. i installed xp on a differnt disk. can i make a ASR disk from the same os on the same computer but just a differnt install? and have it work?

i need help guys. this is like the biggest challenge i have had in my life.

dude that sounds like it might work. now i might be able to show off a tad to my professional IT friend.

Back
Top Bottom