buying pc

leha123

Baseband Member
Does anyone here bought refurbished computer from tigerdirect or geeks.com??? I am thinking about buying one, I found great deals on geeks.com, is it safe buying refurbished PC???.......... And another question some of them with out OS and its say that it may be difficult finding drivers for those PC…what should I do

You could. Just make sure you still get a warranty. If you buy it without an OS, you can't use it. You will have to buy Windows seperate. You could get Linux for free. But, you wouldn't have problems with drivers because your computer wouldn't even work.

You should go for it. Just make sure you are getting a good price and a warranty/replacement plan. Windows Update should automatically install the drivers for you. You get CD's with all of the hardware you buy. You could just those to install the drivers/software. Or, go to the company's website and download them from there.

i see i see....what you think about AMD X2 6000+ ?for multitasking? movies and stuff like that

I don't know much about AMD processors. I like the Intel counterparts more. If you're on a budget, AMD is the way to go. I would personally wait a little more and just buy an Intel chip.

That's not a bad system for $280. The AMD X2 6000+ will be right at home multitasking and playing movies.

The only problem I see with a system like that is finding drivers for it. You'll need to open it up and identify the motherboard to get the proper drivers.

Back
Top Bottom