legality

metuutem

Solid State Member
isn't it illegal for a webmaster/admin to broadcast or advertise a users ip? Such as a gaming admin posting it after banning you?

Minor instances should not beget someone abusing others' ip adresses for hackers to exploit; otherwise attack sites would be legal by that logic.

Can anyone confirm this with cc law if possible? I am having difficulty finding whereas to look.

well it depends on the account of the ban. What was the ban for?

I don't think that it is illegal. Besides unless you have a static address from an ISP then your IP address changes constantly.

I'm pretty sure that's not illegal. Just posting the IP address doesn't mean anything. If they say here, everyone go hack this IP, that's different...

I don't know if it's illegal. Depends really on what you did. If you did something really bad, then heck they can..if you didn't then you can send them an email if it violates your privacy...
Like when I was little I did a lot of stupid things on the internet, now my name is everywhere and it annoys the hell out of me :(

Does it really matter? They can't get that much from your IP anyway...right?

On the contrary. Given certain circumstatnces, Your IP address is just like a fingerprint. It carries your DNA, passwords, keystrokes, the names of your pet dog...you name it.

On the contrary. Given certain circumstatnces, Your IP address is just like a fingerprint. It carries your DNA, passwords, keystrokes, the names of your pet dog...you name it.

your ip address contains none of them things

Back
Top Bottom