Rate this build.

rohan23

Fully Optimized
This is for very light use. Mostly surfing the internet and listening to music. Maybe sorting some photos. What do you think?

ASUS P5QL PRO
Celeron Processor 430 LGA 775
2GB Kingston Hyper X RAM 4-4-4-12 at 2.0V
80GB IDE HDD

You could get a better processor I think. How fast is that Celeron? I have an old LGA775 P4 with Hyper-Threading clocked @ 2.8GHz. I don't know how it compares to Celeron, but I can sell it to you cheap if you want. It may not even be worth spending money on an used processor. Just get like a low-end dual-core.

dude, get a decent processor, you're doing that board (it's a good mobo) a huge injustice running a celeron on it...

I agree with the others, get a different processor like a P4, C2D or Athlon/x2.

I'm assuming his already got these parts because it wouldn't make sense for him to buy a Celeron. What I would do is shell out some more for a low end C2D.

I got the processor for $30. It's for my sister. She just checks her mail, updates her iPod, and takes a bunch of pictures. I don't have the money/need to get a C2D. I think the Celeron should do fine with XP. I just wanted to make sure if it's o.k. for browsing and stuff. I don't want to spend $90 more for a processor she isn't going to need.

Back
Top Bottom