Problem uninstalling a program...

I think that what we are all trying to say here is that Ccleaner is an excellent everyday utility which keeps the registry tidy. For the Adobe removal for the OP, the CS3 script is needed for a thorough uninstall.

For freeing drive space by removing unwanted temp folders and wiping the offline IE content in order to free up drive space I never found anything wrong there.

As for a registry cleaner that won't break anything however the free automatic cleaner Eusing has been put up against several others and found better at finding more items as well as moving a bit faster. http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

The removal tool from Adobe was a good catch there since that was written specifically as a remover for their programs. Not too many 3rd party uninstallers are that good and tend to still leave things behind. I hear this from others who work with the registry on a regular basis as well.

I've never used that program before. When I need to do some heavy duty registry cleaning, I use Wise Registry Cleaner or Registry Mechanic.

I was only recently pointed to that one and found it quite a bit easier to use for most. Once the scan is complete you then have the options for repairing registry issue which lists all invalid entries found allowing you to uncheck anything you want to see left on. Plus it also sees the option of restore previous registry configuration.

Some have run into problems running the full version of Registry Mechanic while that generally sees better reviews for a retail program. You would have to post a link for the Wise Registry Cleaner to give that one a look here.

Here you go dude http://www.wisecleaner.com/

To be honest, I've only used Registry Mechanic twice, so I hope I don't run into any problems. It does however, have a roll back feature to get to a previous registry point in case something does happen.

I gave the Wise cleaner there a go and found that to be as good as the other one. The one thing noticed however was the prompt to buy the full version while Eusing is strictly a freeware.

I heard complaints about Registry Mechanic but mostly from those that simply don't know how to run programs like that. Hopefully you won't see any there with it.

Welcome to CF dude. I've never heard of this Ms Errors Registry Cleaner. Anyway, the problem has already been solved by using the Adobe CS3 Clean Script, which was made by Adobe for that purpose.

Another thing to mention here is that most cleaners will only find stranded entries left behind over some period of time by checking the date stamps on them. For seeing any recent program's entries removed completely the tool like the oneAdobe provides or a manual edit of the registry is often needed.

Generally the remover provided is the first option for this especially for those unfamiliar with the registry itself.

Back
Top Bottom