Need your help quick.

i have a 650w ps and a 750a sli mobo and 2 gpus. it runs perfectly fine as it is now.
The reason your's works fine is that the 9800GTX+ in SLI do not need as much power as the GTX 260 SLI setup. You can run the 9800GTX+ in SLI on a 500W power supply. :D

I was just looking up the card for a second look so see if I wasn't mistaken. Turns out the a single GTX 260 uses 36A on the 12V rails. Mathematically speaking, 2 would use 72A. If you put other components to the equation, 72A will not cut it. Rohan, you'll need something stronger.

actually, the 750i chipsets only run at x8 when in SLI mode.
Its not like it makes much difference between x8 and x16. Its not like the graphics card use up the x16 bandwidth. If anything, you will only get about 5 FPS increase in games.

I was just looking up the card for a second look so see if I wasn't mistaken. Turns out the a single GTX 260 uses 36A on the 12V rails. Mathematically speaking, 2 would use 72A. If you put other components to the equation, 72A will not cut it. Rohan, you'll need something stronger.

thats not how you add it up when in SLI.
like an single 8800GT needs 26A, while in SLI it needs 28A.
and when it said the require amps, it doesnt actually need that much. They recommend that much so you will have enough to run the rest of your system.

Hahahah...exactly why I said "mathematically speaking". I've never really been a fan of dual-card system.

I stand corrected on the PCI-e bandwidth assumption.

All this 750W bullshit is ridiculous. Nvidia have to bump it up a bit to cover their asses in case someone is using a cheapy PSU.

If your current PSU doesn't work, I will personally buy you a new one.

All this 750W bullshit is ridiculous. Nvidia have to bump it up a bit to cover their asses in case someone is using a cheapy PSU.

If your current PSU doesn't work, I will personally buy you a new one.

I'm going to get the card in a month or two. I wanted to make sure that I didn't need to save money up for a PSU, as well. So, I should be fine, right?

I would say it most definitely is. Your PSU is the model with the 2x6 pin PCIE and 2x6+2 pin PCIE connectors, right?

Back
Top Bottom