day's of gas dropping done?

They are full of shit. The gas priceas wont go up that high again. Look at what happened to our economy.

ahh heck no i hope it isent going to just start going up to where the gas company's need the money or something stupid like that! i know the national average dident go up very much but still if it stay's going up im going to be mad haha

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/14/news/economy/gas/index.htm?postversion=2008121409

They're just looking for some bad news. They're blowing it out of proportion in my opinion. The only reason gas has gone up a little bit is because crude oil prices have gone up a few dollars (around $47 a barrel or so compared with around $43 dollars just recently) because of speculation of the OPEC cuts. OPEC will probably cut supplies and some non-OPEC countries will be there probably to join in on cuts. All in all I'd say anywhere from 2 to 3 million barrels a day of output could be cut and it might cause the price to go up slightly but they'll be back down once some bad news hits the trading floor. Don't worry, we won't be seeing $2.00 or $3.00 a gallon gas for quite some time.

Also when we did have $4.00 a gallon gas, that was because crude oil hit $147 dollars a barrel. Some people have said it was supply and demand which I believe is untrue because the economies of China and India would have to exponentially grow overnight for that to happen. I think it was speculation and people trying to manipulate the oil markets for a quick buck. Now look what happened, when the crap hit the fan the speculators went running which is partially why oil has drooped so fast. Not to mention there's the fact that recessions tend to mean decreased oil demand. I do believe that if we don't set up some sort of alternative energy plan or do something about our oil imports we'll see oil back up at $147 dollars a barrel or even higher in the next few years which is why I hope Obama does something about our energy policy.

Umm, everyday for the past 6 month I've seen gas prices go down. EVERY DAY I have seen them cheaper and cheaper. Right now, I see them around for $1.58c a gallon! They are high.

High gas prices are much better than the crappy deflation we have right now.

So what happens when coal runs out?

By then we will have the technology to make cars that run on water and that will be our main source of income.

I'm not saying that our coal supply is limitless, and I'm not saying America will be long gone before its gone, but what I'd like to point out is our current technology still supports gas guzzling cars, and we do need to let the technology get further ahead before we can claim our independence from gas, coal, and ruining the earth. Coal happens to be able to sustain an independent good economy while that happens. We need an intermediate step before we get off all petroleum and what not.

Back
Top Bottom