Dual booting with Vista...

Combatspace

Baseband Member
So I just got a new laptop and I have a few questions. I tried to run a few of my old programs (ones that I used on my XP desktop) but they won't run with Vista, which leads me to a few questions:

1: Do I need more than one HDD in order to have two OS'

2: If not, can I install XP on the same computer?

3: If yes, is there a tutorial/walkthrough/person who knows how?

Unfortunately, I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death when I try booting from the XP disk...

x___x"

booting the xp disk? are you trying to re-install the OS? i assume you are. If you can't even boot with your cd, it looks like you may be having hardware problems. thats what could be giving you the "Blue Screens"

I've partitioned the hard drive, allowed it to be a duplicate boot volume but when I boot the XP disk to install it on the open partition, I get a blue screen. I don't know if that can be fixed or if it's just a manufacturer's insurance policy*...

*sarcasm...

Hopefully you used Vista's built-in partition manager to partition the drive. Once you've done that, just install XP on the new partition, boot into XP, and use EasyBCD to edit Vista's BCD entries to add Vista AND XP for flawless booting.

Hopefully you used Vista's built-in partition manager to partition the drive. Once you've done that, just install XP on the new partition, boot into XP, and use EasyBCD to edit Vista's BCD entries to add Vista AND XP for flawless booting.

This is where i get the blue screen. And yes, I am using the built in Partition manager...

I would, but I dont have the vista disk. Unfortunately when I bought it, the Acer didn't come with some much even a recovery disk... -___-"

Back
Top Bottom