Increase upload speed?

Horns

Beta member
Ok i would like to increase my upload speed because i want to run game servers on my computer without a bunch of lag. I have dsl from medicom communications corp. and my speed is average of around 400 kb/s. Is there any way i can increase this?

I already pay $54 a month as it is. I dont want to pay more for another packadge.

Eurgh, I wouldn't reccomend hosting a game server from home.

They are rarley reliable, and because of that, you will not get a great user base..

You cant increase your upload speed without changing your package.

you were sold a speed package, you just cant increse it for free, becuase you feel like it .

Not to mention I bet Mediacom won't let you host a server. And if you do they will probably find out about it, then they can shut your service off.

But you don't have a fast enough connection to be hosting a server, unless it is like 3 people.

I would not recommend any high traffic hosting from home. It maybe much cheaper for you to host your game server from I web hosting company. You must consider an increase upload bandwidth, high latency on a non symmetrical isp network, electric bill to run that server, and I decent spec out server that can handle the load when hosting servers. If you are not going to have a lot of traffic latency will be your biggest problem and 400k will not be enough.

I personally have a 20mb down and 2mb upload internet connection with a lot of servers and it is a hassle trying to manage bandwidth between, www, ftp, bit torrents, email, voip, etc. Not to mention the cost of electricity and cooling, and the $99 a month internet connection.

Back
Top Bottom