Microsoft Word 2007 won't work?

NervousLarry

Baseband Member
I randomly get this error message saying that the wwlib.dll is not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Anyone know if this is some sort of glitch? It's worked for the past few months, now suddenly this.

Have you done all of the updates for Office? Because the 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1 (SP1) was supposed to fix that issue.

Yeah I had already tried installing SP1 and it said it was already installed. So, it seems really random.

Follow this to make sure you have the correct files loaded.

How to determine whether the update is installed
The update contains files that have the versions that are listed in the following table.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
File name File version File size Date Size
Wwlib.dll 12.00.6015.5000 17,400,688 30-Mar-2007 22:13
You do not have to install this update if you have a later version of the files that are listed in the table.

To determine the version of the files that are installed on the computer, follow these steps.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

1. Click Start, and then click Search.
2. In the Search Results window, click All files and folders in the Search Companion pane.
3. In the All or part of the file name box, type the file name, and then click Search.
4. In the list of files, right-click the found file, and then click Properties.
5. On the Version tab, examine the version of the file that is installed on the computer.

I thought of that too, but I seriously can't find an uninstall option for either. I upgraded from a free trial, so there's no disc or anything.

Is there any way you can post the file if you have it? Will that work, or no? Should I delete it and then download the free trial and use the code again?

Unable to post it. But you can try to use the trial version then use the code again. If it doesn't work you just have to call Microsoft. Either way though I suggest getting a copy of Office if able.

The uninstall option is under control Panel > add remove programs

or for Vista

control panel > programs and features ---to uninstall the service pack click the service pack (then for the service pack look at the upper left of the window and it should say service packs)

Back
Top Bottom