debating running SLI

facemower

Solid State Member
i have an SLI ready ASUS MB and a Nvidia 7600 GT video card, both ready for SLI.

i often run 2 games at once, and it lags a little.
also, i cant run them both full screen, one window has to be made slightly smaller to not freeze up.

is SLI a good solution?
what about RAM? i currently have 2GB. i was also debating upgrading that to 4GB.

is SLI/RAM the fix, or is my processor the problem? (1.9 intel core 2 duo)

thanks in advance. :D

With a 7600GT, I don't think it's going to be worth it, you'd be better off selling it, and buying a better single card if you want to upgrade. Even something like a 9600GT would destroy 7600GT SLi.

Can i put PCI Express 2.0 x16 video card in PCI Express x16 slot? in other words, is there any difference?

Can i put PCI Express 2.0 x16 video card in PCI Express x16 slot? in other words, is there any difference?

Yes, you basically get half the speed. The 2.0 cards are backwards compatible. You just won't get the speed you would with a 2.0 slot.

No reason to look for a PCIe x16 card. You wont see any performance hit using a PCIe 2.0 card in a x16 slot.

Yup. That would be fine.

The performance difference between a PCIe 1.(x) x16 slot and a PCIe 2.0 slot is negligible. Now, if you were running an x8 slot, then you would not see the full potential of a v2.0 card.

Back
Top Bottom