Hardware questions

peachwater

Solid State Member
Alright so I'm building this computer. So far I have:

DFI LP UT P35 T2R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I need a few more things, though. I really don't know much about any of this stuff. I need to spend as little as possible with getting the best things possible. I still need:

heatsink & cooling
hard disk storage
optical storage
sound card
network card
a case
power supply

As you can probably tell by reading this post, almost none of this makes sense to me. If you guys can help me out at all, that would be awesome.

heatsink & cooling
Depends if you overclock or not, if you don't, the stock cooler will be fine, if you do, then pick up something like the Xigmatek HDT-S1283.
hard disk storage
Depends on how much space you need, my Samsung is pretty good, I would recommend them.
optical storage
Something like this.
sound card
Since you're need to spend as little as possible, just stick with the onboard.
network card
The motherboard has an ethernet port, if you need a wireless card, they're not very expensive.
Elite 330 since you don't want to spend a lot. The RC-690 is really nice though.
power supply
OCZ 500W

Back
Top Bottom