Is my monitor dead?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay, I have a dual monitor setup.

A primary 22'' Sceptre, and a 17'' Dell. Both LCD. The Sceptre worked this morning, but when I came home from school, I was busy and it wouldnt work. Now i'm home again I still cant get it work.

Ive checked the software (ultramon), all the wires at least twice. Both ports on the videocard (DVI and Evga 7600GT), yadda yadda.

Now, I can click the button to select the input on the monitor, and the blue screen with the white writing appears and tells me, DVI, VGA and Digital. But none of them work, on either port.

Whats going on?

Have you tried swapping the monitors around? Could be the output to the Sceptre is not working. Swapping them around will test that.

I know you said you checked the wires, but have you tried a new VGA/DVI cable?

Or

If you are using DVI, try VGA and vice versa. Assuming you haven't already.

I cant use VGA. I dont have a new cable. It makes sense what you're thinking, but its not going to be the cable, thanks though.

Any other options?

only thing i can suggest is use a completely different computer to eliminate the issue of this being a problem either with your graphics card or your multiple monitor setup.

If you can swap cables, I would try a different one on the Sceptre. It's either that or the monitor just up and died

Is the Sceptre under warranty?

If you can swap cables, I would try a different one on the Sceptre. It's either that or the monitor just up and died

Is the Sceptre under warranty?

Well im not sure where I can get another with out buying another.

Also, I would think it just up and died too, but when I can choose different ports I want it to run off, it wouldnt make any sense that it died.

Can you use the cable from the Dell monitor?

Here's an Idea. . .

Check the resolution settings. Maybe something got set whacky for the 22" Sceptre.

Thats actually a good idea. I just checked it..... nada.

Well, I think my DVI port is dead. Cord *looks* to be fine, but I used a VGA cord and out put on the back of this, into my computer with a VGA to DVI converter. So DVI on the computer end, VGA on the monitor side.

Wow the quality is absolutely horrendous. But its at least working now.

Back
Top Bottom