4gb ram and 32-bit OS?

samuelleeb

Solid State Member
i decided to format my computer and install vista ultimate. i'm going to order 4gb ddr2 ram, but i need to know if i should install vista ultimate 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you want to take full advantage of your RAM, you'd be better off upgrading to Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Be sure you have all the available drivers.

yeah defo go wiv 64 bit driver compatability with vista is like 60% better than xp so you should be ok.

you wont lose out on a great deal of ram using 32bit, but 64bit will always be a better choice if you have a lot of ram. just make sure you can get the drivers and your software works :)

Source.

Me said:
I fu**ing said so.

lol the pacentage was my opinion it is very very well known that vista has "much" better 64 bit compatability so i took my opinion and everyone elses knoledge to put in a percentage.

No source at all.

I think ssc meant XP 64 bit vs Vista 64 bit. XP 64 bit is actually based on Windows Server.

yeah defo was that not clear?

did someone think i was comparing vista 64 bit and xp 32 bit?

I know he meant 64 Bit Vista. 60% is a large number. I just wanted to see some articles. XP and Vista 32 bit are pretty much matched in performance as of SP1 on Vista.

Back
Top Bottom